Always use your complete HAImail address and your personal password as login data.
Integration into an e-mail programme:
If you have your old mailbox integrated in your e-mail program as IMAP, you must remove it first. Please save your messages and contacts if necessary. It is not enough to replace the mailbox settings of the old mailbox with the settings of the new one.
If you have your old mailbox integrated in your e-mail program as POP3, then please first deactivate the automatic synchronisation/retrieval function of e-mails from the server. Then you can start the transfer of your HAImail.
Important: Do not remove your existing POP3 account from your e-mail program before the move – otherwise all your e-mails will be irrevocably deleted!
Automatic integration (with the AutoDiscover function) – e.g. for Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail:
If you want to integrate your HAImail into the programs Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail, you can use the comfortable Auto discover function. The program automatically detects the necessary server settings during setup.
- Go to "Settings", choose the tab "E-Mail" and then select "New...".
- Chose the first option "E-mail account" in the window "Set up account automatically".
- Fill in your desired display name and your login details (complete HAImail address and your personal password) - click "continue".
- Your HAImail will automatically be added to the programme with the necessary settings.
- On your device go to "Settings", then "Mai" and then "Accounts".
- Choose "Add Account" and "Microsoft Exchange".
- For "Email" please enter your full HAImail and click on "Next".
- Please confirm the question ""Settings" Wants to Use "Microsoft Exchange" to Sign in" with "Continue".
- Then please enter your password and confirm with "Next", then click "Save".
- Your account has now been added and your e-mails will automatically be loaded. Depending on the size of your account this can take a few moments.
Manual Set Up (IMAP):
|Set Up||Server name||Port||Security Option|
|Inbox server (IMAP)||haimail.alumni.uni-heidelberg.de||993||SSL/TLS|
|Outbox server (SMTP)||haimail.alumni.uni-heidelberg.de||587||STARTTLS|
If you still have your old mailbox integrated in your desired e-mail program, you must remove it first. It is not enough to replace the mailbox settings of the old mailbox with the settings of the new one.